Explore our beautiful region and the magnificent Hjørundfjord onboard our comfortable speed-yacht! Travel with us through nature in a dramatic, rugged and historically rich fjord landscape. This round trip combines fjord sightseeing with an onshore event where the guide takes you to a mountain valley with rich summer pastures, and tells the stories of the pasture keepers and farmers.
When arriving at the small village Ytre Standal, you will be invited to the host’s old farm. You will get to experience a traditional summer pasture, inside the unspoiled and spectacular alpine landscape. The pasture is situated just a short walking distance from the boat, in the fairytale Molladalen valley. The guests will be offered a small taste of traditional food such as flatbread, cheese, and cured meats. At the same time, the story about life of the pasture keepers and farmers are told by the ones that know it best, the local guide who live in the village. Outer Standal is an idyllic place where sheeps and goats are walking freely around. There is a fantastic view and you will get a unique proximity to what nature has to offer, regardless of the weather! Duration 2-3 hours, depending on weather and level of fascination!
Arrival Trandal / Christian Gaard approx. 14:00 – with a stop for about 60 min. At Christian Gaard you can enjoy refreshments and lunch while overlooking the majestic mountains. A ride on the Trandal-swing is highly recommended.
- Where in Norway: Ålesund region
- Season: May to September
- Route: Ålesund – Outer Standal – Trandal – Ålesund
- Duration: 6-7 hours
- Group size: 8 – 10 persons
- Starting time: 10:00
- Prices: Per tour NOK 12 400 (meeting point at Ålesund). Equivalent to NOK 1.550 per person given a group size of 8 persons. Please note: we are not selling the tour per person
- Included services: Round trip, 2 – 3 hours stop at Standal and one hour stop at Christian Gaard
- About the boat: Cruising speed 25 knots. Heated cabins. Toilet facilities.
- Information: On board by Captain in English. On shore by the local guide
- Equipment: proper clothing according to weather condition. We recommend to bring a windbreaker
- Lunch: Can be bought individually at Christian Gaard (Trandal)
- Meeting point at town center Ålesund. Other convenient meeting points are priced separately. Please make an enquiry on places and prices.
This round trip can be tailored to suit your interests and preferences.